Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meet Miss Gypsy

g

This is Gypsy. She's a just-turned-3 TWH filly, and mine as of a day ago. :)))


I snapped this picture literally 5 minutes after unloading her from the trailer. I can't wait until I take an 'after' picture to go with it.

Gypsy has had her basic ground manners installed (easy to catch, leads, ties, picks up feet), has worn a blanket and has had a saddle pad on her, but that's it. She doesn't lunge, wear a bit or saddle, ground drive, or any of that other fun stuff.

My goal is to make her into a solid trail horse. I created this blog to chronicle how I'm going to get from where we are now to where I want to end up.

The way I do things is...well, it's the way I do things. No more, no less. I've done this sort of thing enough times to have worked out a system that works for me. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and more than one road leads to Rome.

Gypsy spent her first day here half in turnout and half in her new stall. She's settled in well and does not seem unduly upset at being somewhere new. She's eating and drinking and shows a great deal of calm interest in whats going on around her.

"School" starts tomorrow. The best way I've found to settle a horse is is to get to know them and establish a routine, and the best way to accomplish that is to begin training.

No comments:

Post a Comment